Estate Care Program Benefits
At Burkholder, our purpose is to provide the ultimate client experience. We train weekly to assure that every team member is capable and is engaged to deliver. Communication is the key to any successful relationship. Working with a dedicated account manager you will enjoy the benefits of proactive communication every step of the way. Our horticultural expert staff is dedicated to the proper care of your landscape to promote plant health, while maintaining natural plant shape and form. Our team will identify areas that need improvement and plan, with you, to correct issues during the bi-weekly recurring service visits. Let our team take care of all the details. From maintain weed-free beds, deadheading spent flowers and more, your lawn and gardens will have the impeccably maintained look you desire.
Recurring Service Visits:
- Maintain weed-free beds
- Deadheading of perennials and flowering plants
- Light and corrective pruning
- Blow off all hard surfaces
- Remove all debris in beds and lawn areas
- Identify and correct any cultural problems that are negatively affecting plant health
Give your landscape a fresh, clean look after the winter. Our Spring Bed Maintenance is more than just a clean-up. Along with bed edging and proper mulch installation, weed control and plant-specific fertilizer is applied to give different plants the nutrients they need to have another successful, healthy growing season. Our services include:
- Clean-up of lawn, beds, and grounds
- Remove dead or damaged branches from shrubs and ornamentals
- Cut back any perennials or grasses left standing over winter
- Edge all shrub beds and walkways
- Pre-emergent weed control for shrub beds
- Granular fertilization of Perennials, Groundcovers, Shrubs, and Ornamental Trees
- Triple shredded hard wood bark mulch applied to shrub beds and tree rings
The close of the growing season can be a hassle, but not when you allow us to take care of it for you. Finally you can enjoy your changing landscape and season!
- Cut back of perennials and ornamental grasses
- Removal of leaf build-up in beds, lawn, driveway, and patios
Proper pruning will ensure that your plants grow full and flourish while looking natural. Our pruning Yard Maintenance Services include:
- Pruning plants at the appropriate time
- Pruning of new growth once annually to promote growth natural in character
- Pruning or shearing of hedges
- Regenerative sheering and cutbacks of perennials and roses
- Pruning of ornamentals up to 12 feet
The objective is to open plants so light and air penetrates and dieback is reduced. This is done to foster healthy plant development. On average rejuvenation / structural pruning is recommended every 3 years.
- Thinning shrubs by removing excess old wood and dead branches to the ground to encourage younger, more vigorous growth.
- Removal of old clusters due to improper maintenance practices of woody shrubs.
- Thinning and removal of crowding and crossing branches within a tree to open up the crown and allow better light and air passage.
- Reduction pruning to control overall plant size.
Lawn Aeration & Renovations
Core aeration and over-seeding will benefit even a healthy looking lawn. Aeration involves removing small plugs of soil and thatch to allow for deep penetration of nutrients, air, and water. Aeration also opens up thatch and helps relieve compaction to promote a deeper, healthier root system. Over-seeding will fill in bare areas, and help build a thicker lawn. The holes and plugs made during aeration create an excellent environment for grass seed to germinate.
Plant Health Care Program (PHC) – Insect & Disease Control
Monitoring plants for damaging populations of insects and disease as well as overall plant vitality and vigor are the principals behind plant health care. All technicians are certified and will only spot-treat infected areas as needed to avoid killing beneficial insects and overuse of product. Also included is the visual inspection of each plant and recommendations on how to improve overall plant health by adjusting or correcting cultural practices. This service would involve:
Six PHC visits with an extra visit (total of seven) for any Plant Health Care emergencies that may arise. The focus will be on all trees and shrubs located on the property for current and potential pest problems.
- Annual plantings shall be of the highest quality and vigorous in nature.
- Organic matter and other specific components shall be incorporated into the media before planting shall occur
- A meeting with an in house landscape designer to review recommended colors and layout.
Maximize your valued personal time by allowing us to take care of the details such as weed control, dead-heading, bed touch-up and maintenance, incidental pruning, and debris removal during the growing season though:
- Spring start-up and review of your entire system.
- Winterization service will guarantee that no components of the sprinkler systems will be damaged in the winter months.
Any product that is exposed to the elements requires periodic maintenance to assure maximum durability and performance. Landscape lighting is no exception. Our program will guarantee your lighting system and fixtures are functioning as designed.
- Two maintenance visits (spring and fall) include cleaning lenses and bulb contacts inside fixtures. Check and adjust the voltage test to assure system is functioning properly
- Replace any dead bulbs, adjustments or relocate fixtures as necessary due to plant growth.
Our turf care program utilizes only high quality timed release fertilizers which remain longer in the soil for plant use resulting in less run off and consistently green turf. A mixture of organic fertilizer, spot weed treatments, and high quality low phosphorous fertilizers results in less chemicals being applied to your lawn.
Our programs include a complete soil analysis to determine any soil deficiencies and curative recommendations to balance your soil. A balanced soil will assure that all nutrients will be available for your turf to use, dramatically increasing turf health and hardiness.
Balanced soil chemistry is necessary for nutrients to be available for turf to consume. Based on results from a comprehensive soil test, recommendations will be proposed to achieve optimal levels of macronutrients, micronutrients, pH, and sodium.
Dividing of Perennial and Ornamental Grasses
Reducing the root system of perennials and ornamental grasses revitalizes the plant and promotes a fresh, healthy appearance.
Interested in our landscape or yard maintenance services? Call us today.